Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Thouraya TH <th...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/18 10:26:20 UTC

How Cassandra reduce the size of stored data ?

Hi all,

Please, is there a scientific paper about this topic "How Cassandra reduce
the size of stored data on nodes and exchanged between nodes"?

Thank you so much for help.
Best Regards.

Re: How Cassandra reduce the size of stored data ?

Posted by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com>.
I know no paper, but here is some informations that might be of interest

 http://www.datastax.com/2015/12/storage-engine-30

Also Cassandra uses standard compression (LZ4, Snappy, Deflate) depending
on user choice

   - for data storage
   https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.x/cassandra/operations/opsAboutConfigCompress.html
   - for commitlogs -->