Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Feilpe Vieira Silva <fg...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/03 22:43:55 UTC

"Error reading plugin script" ???

I was creating my project descriptors with MAVEN and everything was ok but....

I decided to delete the target folder of my project and then
everything becomes a big mess :)

I seek through the web and found several notifactions of the same
problem, including some tips about reinstall MAVEN ... I done .. but
it didn´t solve the problem.

Now, I just can´t compile my project anymore - in fact I can´t do
anything more with Maven.

any tip?

C:\cvsRepository\schoolbus>maven
 __  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0

org.apache.maven.MavenException: Error reading plugin script
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.JellyScriptHousing.parse(JellyScriptHousing.j
ava:169)

????????

best regards,

  Felipe Gaúcho

Re: "Error reading plugin script" ???

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Does it say later which plugin script it was attempting to read at the
time? What about with -X?

try cleaning ~/.maven/cache, and if it still fails, see if there is a
bad plugin in ~/.maven/plugins or ${maven.home}/plugins

(if on windows, substitute ~ for %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% which should be
c:\documents and settings\username)

- Brett