Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Jan Ciesko (GMAIL)" <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/09 20:27:53 UTC

best practice: accessing svn data without co

Dear SVN users

I would like to ask the following: is there a way to access svn data on
the svn server without checking data out? I would need to create
temporal tar'ed archive of a versioned directory that is then attached
to a website. Both web- and svn-server are running on the same system.

Thanks a lot for help.
Best regards,
Jan.

Re: best practice: accessing svn data without co

Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.
Viewvc has an option to generate a tarball download for any path/revision.

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: best practice: accessing svn data without co

Posted by Andreas Krey <a....@gmx.de>.
On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 20:27:53 +0000, Jan Ciesko (GMAIL) wrote:
> Dear SVN users
>
> I would like to ask the following: is there a way to access svn data on
> the svn server without checking data out?

'svn cat $URL' and 'svn ls $URL' come to mind.
But not easy to get a tree with those.

> I would need to create
> temporal tar'ed archive of a versioned directory that is then attached

What is 'temporal' in this context? Why isn't 'svn export & tar' an option?

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@*.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:29:21 -0800

Re: best practice: accessing svn data without co

Posted by Geoff Hoffman <gh...@cardinalpath.com>.
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Jan Ciesko (GMAIL) <ja...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear SVN users
>
> I would like to ask the following: is there a way to access svn data on the
> svn server without checking data out? I would need to create temporal tar'ed
> archive of a versioned directory that is then attached to a website. Both
> web- and svn-server are running on the same system.
>
> Thanks a lot for help.
> Best regards,
> Jan.

Jan,