Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2011/11/14 16:23:33 UTC

[DISCUSS]: André W. Fischer as Committer and PPMC

The proposal is to [VOTE] for André W. Fischer as an AOOo Committer and
PPMC Member. The [DISCUSS] will be held open to Thursday, 17 November
noon (UTC 2011-11-17:1200Z) or beyond if discussion is continuing.

I don't think it is difficult to see and recognize André valuable
comments on the ooo-dev list and especially his patches that identifies
him as a developer with deep knowledge of the code he is working on. He
is energetic in preparing patches and work with other community members
on testing his changes and incorporating their feedback.
He definitely focus on the code and that is one reason why he should be
a committer. And by the way as most of you know André has working on the
code base since more than 10 years. For example the presenter console,
as well as many other features in this are are his work. Do you have
already noticed the new slide sorter? If not i recommend to load an
impress file and move for example the mouse over a slide on the left
side and wait a second... It's only one part of the rework he has done here.

I also find his level of civility admirable, as well as the way he is
gentle with those who know less than he does about what is out there and
what is important in the code.

I welcome further comments from those who have noticed André here and
highlight further contributions.

Juergen

Re: [DISCUSS]: André W. Fischer as Committer and PPMC

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
ups, sorry my mistake, this mail should have gone to ooo-private only.
Please ignore this email for now.

Juergen