Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by GaneshSe <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/05 04:55:18 UTC

solr IDF base filtering response

I would like to reduce the number of documents that are returned in search,
based on the inquiry terms in response and their IDF.

For example for the query q=(Definitive Java Book), I don't want to see the
result documents which has 'Book' and other irrelevant terms in it. For
example I don't want to see in the solr response documents like "Sports
Book"

To achieve this, I am thinking of using the IDF(high IDF, or in other words,
less frequent terms) value to filter the response documents. Since IDF for
'Book' is going to be very small, I don't want to see the document which has
only one term (Book) relevant and other terms not in the inquiry.

I see that solr has idf function, but don't see any easy option to filter
this apart from doing some coding on the client side. ie., using the IDF
function and using response terms.

Let me if there is possible option for the same.

Re: solr IDF based filtering response

Posted by GaneshSe <ga...@gmail.com>.
request your help on the same. I am sure there should be some way to do it,
there should be some way to limit the results based on relevance. Please
help