Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org> on 2016/10/11 16:09:08 UTC

Patch review process

Hi all,

I've raised concerns before about the length of time it's taking to review
patches. For example, this is now waiting for 5 weeks for a review:

https://reviews.apache.org/r/51519/

If we want to graduate from the Incubator this needs to improve.

Perhaps we could weaken the RTC policy for committers for changes that only
affect tests or are considered to be relatively trivial?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Patch review process

Posted by Velmurugan Periasamy <vp...@hortonworks.com>.
Colm:

I agree with you that review process needs to be made faster.

However my opinion is to keep RTC policy as is.

Thank you,
Vel