Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by "Snitkovsky, Martin" <ma...@hp.com> on 2009/07/21 15:52:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] Wink distribution Layout

I would like to discuss Wink distribution layout.
The Incubator insists<http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases> that artifacts for {podling} are contained within www.apache.org/dist/incubator/{podling}<http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/%7bpodling%7d>. A podling is free to choose a suitable layout for its released artifacts.

My proposal for Wink distribution layout is as follows:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/wink

-          Version (e.g. '0.1-incubating')

o   apache-wink-0.1-incubating.zip

o   apache-wink-src-0.1-incubating.zip

o   apache-wink-0.1-incubating.tar.gz

o   apache-wink-src-0.1-incubating.tar.gz

apache-wink-0.1-incubating.zip  will be in the same layout as  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/wink/wink-dist/0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT/wink-dist-0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT.zip

What do you think?

--martin

Re: [DISCUSS] Wink distribution Layout

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Looks right to me.

--jason

Posted by "Snitkovsky, Martin" <ma...@hp.com>.
I will check it

Posted by "Snitkovsky, Martin" <ma...@hp.com>.
I will fix Application files and leave javax.ws.rs.ext.RuntimeDelegate as is.
I see that you have some experience with RAT - beside checking the presence of legal headers, what else it does? (could not find any descent documentation)

martin

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Makes sense to me...  +1

I don't know if this is the best place to talk about it, but in going
through the Incubator release policy stuff, I noticed that there are a few
items like an Incubating Disclaimer
(http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#notes-disclaimer)
 that need to be included.  Release Notes would fall under that category as
well.

-N

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             "Snitkovsky,
             Martin"
             <martin.snitkovsk                                          To
             y@hp.com>                 "wink-dev@incubator.apache.org"
                                       <wi...@incubator.apache.org>
             07/21/2009 08:52                                           cc