Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Bryan Fullerton <fu...@toronto.cbc.ca> on 1999/12/13 19:52:53 UTC

mod_jserv/5465: JServ doesn't send full POST headers

>Number:         5465
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       JServ doesn't send full POST headers
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
We're using a servlet embedded in a .jhtml page to pass input from a form thru
to an ASP page on an NT box.

The servlet is just a pipe - whatever request it receives, it passes thru.  This
works fine with JServ 1.0, but when we upgraded to Jserv 1.1b3 it no longer
worked - the page loads fine from a GET request, but doesn't process the POST
information.  From what we can see, the POST headers are not being completely
passed to the servlet, so the servlet hangs forever waiting for the POST headers
to complete.

This seems similar to PR number 5351, but slightly different implementation.
>How-To-Repeat:
I've regressed to JServ 1.0 because of this problem, so I don't have an example
URL right now.  If needed, I can setup a staged environment on another server
where it will fail.
>Fix:
Something changed in the POST header handling between 1.0 and 1.1b3.  Find what
changed and fix it.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]