Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Kostas Tzoumas <kt...@apache.org> on 2014/09/11 16:10:10 UTC

Getting number of vertex tasks at runtime

Hi,

A Processor can read its task index via getContext().getTaskIndex().

Is there a way to similarly get the total number of tasks scheduled for
this vertex?

Kostas

Re: Getting number of vertex tasks at runtime

Posted by Prakash Ramachandran <pr...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,
The getContext().getVertexParallelism gives you the total number of
tasks. is that what you are looking for?
Prakash

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Getting number of vertex tasks at runtime

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hello Kostas,

0.5.0 is released and should be available on the apache releases maven repo.
There should likely be a 0.5.1 release at some point in the near future with various bug fixes.
As for 0.6.0-SNAPSHOT, we are adding features and bug fixes to this but it should be compatible with 0.5.0.

thanks
— Hitesh

Posted by Kostas Tzoumas <kt...@apache.org>.

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Johannes Zillmann <jzillmann@googlemail.com