Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Andrew Wilson <an...@orangephoenix.com> on 2003/12/17 06:28:26 UTC

com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'temporary'.

Hi there,

Im a new user to OJB (tho I have previously written an ODMG implementation).

Im getting the following error when I try to connect to Sybase (I can run the
internal demos).

com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword
'temporary'.
	at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.processEed(Tds.java:2429)

>From reading though the support lists I gleaned that this could be a problem
with the OJB database tables.  However,  I noticed the following errors when I
tried to install the tables :

[torque-insert-sql] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE SM_KEY ( INT_KEY INT NOT NUL
L, NAME VARCHAR (250) NULL, STRING_KEY VARCHAR (250) NOT NULL, LONG_KEY BIGINT N
OT NULL, INTEGER_KEY INT NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT SM_KEY_PK PRIMARY KEY(INT_KEY) )
[torque-insert-sql] com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: Can't find type 'BIGI
NT'.
[torque-insert-sql] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE ABSTRACT_COLLECTION_CONTAINE
R ( OBJ_ID INT NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT ABSTRACT_COLLECTION_CONTAINER_PK PRIMARY KEY
(OBJ_ID) )
[torque-insert-sql] com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: The identifier that s
tarts with 'ABSTRACT_COLLECTION_CONTAINER_' is too long.  Maximum length is 30.

Any help gratefully received.

Kindest regards,
Andrew.