Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "D'Souza, Prashant" <Pr...@emcureinfotech.com> on 2001/11/21 08:05:10 UTC

general questions

hi Friends

just wanted to know if .java files generated after compiling a jsp can
be free of comment's like follows as it makes the code difficult to read
// end
// HTML // begin [file="C:\\prashanth\\5th
presention\\jakarta-tomcat-3.3\\webapps\\examples\\test\\bean.jsp";from=
(14,31);to=(15,16)]

also everytime I make changes in the jsp file and click refresh a new
.java file with suffix 1 is created. Is there no way in which the
exsisting file can be overwritten.

thanks in advance
Prashanth

Re: general questions

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Prashant,

There is some indication in the source code that this
is intended to be configurable but I failed to find
any information on how to do it.

---

If you have compiled Tomcat from source then you could
have a look at JspParseEventListener.java and replace
JakartaCommentGenerator with an alternative
implementation of CommentGenerator.java.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/jasper/src/share/org/apache/jasper/compiler/JspParseEventListener.java?rev=1.35&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

This is the method indicating configurablity

    public static void
setCommentGenerator(CommentGenerator generator) {
	if ( null == commentGenerator) {
	    throw new IllegalArgumentException("null ==
generator");
	}

	commentGenerator = generator;
    }