Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/09 23:10:23 UTC

The steps I went through to review the github-pages website pull request made

Just for posterity, because I had to go through this just now, I wanted to
list the steps that I just went through to review what the github-pages
site looks like:

   - From the pull request page on github, you can navigate to the commit's
   webpage (in this case:
   https://github.com/ddutta/incubator-metron/commit/c7d4888692b3847fb215f21156098b3a526e18b3
   )
   - Append ".patch" to get a patch file (download the patch file)
   - Locally, switch to the asf-site branch of the codebase
   - Apply the patch via "git apply"
   - Create the missing Gemfile
      - Content is

source 'https://rubygems.org'
> gem 'github-pages'

   - Run "bundle exec jekyll serve" to generate the jekyll site

>From there, it should start a local webserver where you can see the site.

Understand that this is assuming a mac and I have installed bundle via brew.

If I've done this the hard way or the wrong way, please let me know.

Casey