Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Klaus <cl...@yahoo.it.INVALID> on 2020/01/02 10:59:20 UTC

Re: [NON-TECHNICAL] [DISCUSS] Being even more welcoming community ?

 Hello all,a slack administrator can send to me te invitation for the channel?
Thank you very much.Have a nice day
    Il mercoledì 1 gennaio 2020, 00:26:08 CET, Jarek Potiuk <ja...@polidea.com> ha scritto:

 On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 7:24 PM Ry Walker <ry...@rywalker.com> wrote:

> We should add Slack (sign up form) to
> https://airflow.apache.org/community/ since it really is the easiest
> entry point to the community. Mailing lists do feel old school, but it's
> standard operating procedure for Apache projects so it's not horrible for
> new people to get some experience with them.>>>>

Ry - I created a PR https://github.com/apache/airflow-site/pull/229

BTW. I am not sure if everyone is aware of that - ANYBODY can make a PR to
the website :). So if you have an idea what to improve - feel free and make
a PR!

J.

Re: [NON-TECHNICAL] [DISCUSS] Being even more welcoming community ?

Posted by Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <ai...@apache.org>.
It is a very important topic that you bring up, Jarek.

I agree that one of the biggest barriers to joining the community is a
physiological safety and language barrier. And as a baby step into becoming
a more welcoming community, we can run meetups in local languages to
encourage more participation from the local community.

I am also curious about reaching out to our community members in China, and
ask how we can support them better, what would encourage more
participation, etc.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.