Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Francisco Afonso <af...@hotmail.com> on 2020/02/25 11:27:23 UTC

Netbeans 11 alongside Netbeans 8

Hi,

Is it possible to install both Netbeans 11 and Netbeans 8 in Windows?

Regards,

Francisco

Re: Netbeans 11 alongside Netbeans 8

Posted by Juan Algaba <ja...@colef.mx>.
Yes. it is possible to install both Netbeans 11 and Netbeans 8 in Windows.

In fact, you can have multiple minor versions installed (11.1, 11.2,
11.3-beta, etc.) and alternate distributions (Openbeans). This is what my
taskbar looks like at the moment:
[image: image.png]
The only requirement of course is that you choose a different installation
folder for each one.
They won't be affected by each other because they have their own
userdir/cachedir, please take a look at these resources:
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqWhatIsUserdir
http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqAlternateUserdir

Regards,
Juan