Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Castellon, Francisco" <ca...@syncrude.com> on 2001/06/22 22:21:53 UTC

Where do i install ActivePerl to?

Hi people:

I am trying to install Active Perl in order to run mod_perl in apache. I am
running on Windows98SE and the latest version of apache.
So is there a particular directory that i have to install Active perl to? or
is anywhere just fine?
The other thing as well is that i have been hearing alot about installing
mod_perl through ActivePerl by downloading a PPD file of some sort, how do i
do this?

Pleae excuse my ignorance i just got into doing this stuff and i am pretty
at it, thanx

Francis

Re: Where do i install ActivePerl to?

Posted by "Jeffrey W. Baker" <jw...@acm.org>.

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Castellon, Francisco wrote:

> Hi people:
>
> I am trying to install Active Perl in order to run mod_perl in apache. I am
> running on Windows98SE and the latest version of apache.
> So is there a particular directory that i have to install Active perl to? or
> is anywhere just fine?
> The other thing as well is that i have been hearing alot about installing
> mod_perl through ActivePerl by downloading a PPD file of some sort, how do i
> do this?

I think the canonical place to install ActiveState's product is C:\Perl

-jwb