Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Peter Murphy <pe...@fast.fujitsu.com.au> on 2000/06/30 02:58:57 UTC

Xalan and Xerces (1_1_0 and 1_2_0)

I'm in a dilemma.

I want to use Xalan, yet I also want to use Xerces 1.2.0 (rather than Xerces
1.1.0).

I've tried compiling (VC6-SP3 on NT) Xalan 0.30 using the newer (1.2.0)
header files. I've got bugs like:

NullPrintWriter.cpp
..\..\..\..\src\PlatformSupport/Writer.hpp(71) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
open include file: 'util/XML4CDefs.hpp': No such file or directory

(I also got a similar message for util/TextOutputStream.hpp).

If I try to like xerces_1D.lib into Xalan 0.30 (which I doubted would work,
but it was worth a try), I get errors like:

DOMStringHelper.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class TextOutputStream & __thiscall
TextOutputStream::operator<<(unsigned short const * const)"
(__imp_??6TextOutputStream@@QAEAAV0@QBG@Z)

It appears that TextOutputStream has been removed from the latest version of
Xerces. Is there any good substitute that I could integrate into my code?

(Or is there a latest version of Xalan where the work has been done for me?.
I heard something about it in the works.)

Thank you.

Regards,
Peter

Re:Match function in XALAN

Posted by Shal Jain <sh...@intertechsys.com>.
How does one use XPath independent of XSLT to implement the "match"
functionallity that template lists must use in order to determine which
template applies to a given node gotten from a "select" in apply-templates.

XPath does support an execute function which can be applied to a given
context node.  The problem here obviously is that "match" is specified such
that direct use of execute method will require us to iteratively apply
execute to the current node and each of its ancestors until the criterion
has been satisfied.

Thanx

-shal

Re: Xalan and Xerces (1_1_0 and 1_2_0)

Posted by Jon Smirl <jo...@mediaone.net>.
Current CVS builds ok right now with the hashptr.cpp fix I mailed to the
Xerces group.

Xalan gets 5317 warnings but this is normal.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net

Re: Xalan and Xerces (1_1_0 and 1_2_0)

Posted by Jon Smirl <jo...@mediaone.net>.
Get the current versions of both from CVS and rebuild them as a pair. I just
did this and I'm still in the process of building. As of yesterday the
current CVS versions were working just fine.

I'll send another message when my build is finished and I try the DLL's from
my app.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net