Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Karen Chan <kc...@netvigator.com> on 2001/01/07 18:26:01 UTC

Got error "java.net.BindException: Address already in use"

Dear all,

I am new to tomcat.

After I have installed tomcat, and try to start it up with the startup.sh
I got the fatal error
"java.net.BindException: Address already in use"

As a result, the tomcat cannot be started.

Could somebody help to advise !!

Ken Chan

Re: Got error "java.net.BindException: Address already in use"

Posted by Geoff Soutter <ge...@whitewolf.com.au>.
this means that something is already listening on the port that tomcat is
trying to listen on.  try changing the port value in server.xml...