Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lunchbox <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/28 17:05:51 UTC

Different classpaths in multi-module build

I have a multi module project.  In one of my submodules, I have a plugin
defined (mapped to the compile phase) with dependencies on the plugin.  If I
do a compile from the module, it works fine.  If I do a compile from the top
level of the project, it fails.

Specifically, it's the antrun plugin.  I'm running the axis-java2wsdl ant
task, so I need to include the axis-ant artifact on the classpath.  I have
that artifact listed in the dependencies of the plugin, and when I run
compile from the top level, I get the following message:

Embedded error: Could not create task or type of type: axis-java2wsdl.
Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

It seems that running from the top level has a different classpath than
running from the sub module - which I knew, but does anyone have some ideas
on how I could fix this?  This is with maven versions 2.0.4 -> 2.0.7.

Thanks

Matt