Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/16 13:13:06 UTC

Reference guide for 8.11

Hello,

I was about to announce the 8.11 release of Solr but the announcement
contains a link to the reference guide for 8.11 which doesn't seem to exist
yet. Should I wait for it to be published before announcing the release?

--
Adrien

Re: Reference guide for 8.11

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.
Just to close the loop, I’m a little later than my promised last Friday for fixing updating the missing 8.11 notes and the problem with the 8.10 Upgrade notes page still showing DRAFT watermark, but I fixed both yesterday.

Thanks for the kind words in general - always very nice to hear. I fully support more automation in as many places as we can do it, and all help on these sorts of time-sensitive tasks is appreciated :-)

Cassandra

Re: Reference guide for 8.11

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: Reference guide for 8.11

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I just included lin to 8.11 guide in the web page https://solr.apache.org/guide/ when the question came up on the user list.

Now that the guide will be published during the release - can we auto generate the /guide web page. No problem to generate the link to latest guide, based on latest release version. But how to find all the other minor versions?
One approach is to let pelican pull https://projects.apache.org/json/projects/solr.json and parse minor versions since 6.6..

Would also be cool if we had a versions.json file included in the ref-guide, that could drive a versions dropdown at the top.
It may of course be too much work to re-build all older guides, but we could add that capability from 8.11 and newer...
Should be fairly easy to copy that versions.json to each guide folder when releasing a new one.
That would also make it possible to warn users dynamically if they are not browsing the most recent guide.

Jan

Re: Reference guide for 8.11

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15817 for this