Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2012/04/19 23:20:23 UTC

Re:

I believe that hsql was only used as part of our tests, and if it was included in the full release it was probably included by accident.  This may be a side effect of us switching from ant/ivy to maven for our build system.

--Bobby Evans

On 4/18/12 1:03 AM, "Brahma Reddy Battula" <br...@huawei.com> wrote:

Hi

In the previuos hadoop releases(20.XX) hsqldb was provided.

But in hadoop-2.0.0 it is not present.Is it intentionally deleted or missing?

Thanks And Regards

Brahma Reddy

Re:

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Its also used by the DBCountView example and I think it was bundled
for that reason.

Currently its being excluded specifically (including lucene jars, used
for the indexing example). Am not sure if that old example still
works, or should continue to be present but to run it OOB the hsqldb
jar is needed.

--
Harsh J