Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/15 08:26:31 UTC

Re: Tuscany DAS Features/Questions

It will be interesting to get these features into DAS using JIRAs.
I am just trying to get a clear picture of what all details these features
can consist.

1. This can be support for explicit as well as SDO-integrated
inserts/updates

2. a. Here validations can be based on Database provided Meta Data, also,
we can think of defining custom validations per Command basis in DAS
config. What do you think?

2. b. As part of {2. c. 2>} , This will have more control on individual
DataGraphs contained
in the root Data Graph. With this, invalid (validation failed) Data Graphs
can be
deleted from the tree. The dependency management logic will need to handle
the consequent
actions for this deletion(parent-child etc.).
2. c. There can be 2 situations -
1> when the data graphs are not of related database entities, here different
config files can split the work
2> when they are for related entities, the worker threads will be sharing
part of load
of same transaction.

Please add your thoughts and any more desirable but missing features, that
DAS can
take up.

Regards,
Amita

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
How about DAS-Next as thats what we've talked about using as the name for
the next release of all the other Tuscany projects? (I've just renamed
DAS-Mx to DAS-Next in JIRA).

   ...ant

ps, you don't need to be asking to create a jira, just do it if you think it
helps.

Posted by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,

Posted by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com>.