Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by navaz <na...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/12 06:31:41 UTC

In hadoop All racks belongs to same subnet !

Hi all

Question regarding hadoop architecture . Generally in hadoop cluster nodes
are placed in racks and all the nodes connected to top of the rack switch .
And all these top of the rack switch connected by another switch or router
?
Is all nodes in the cluster belong to same subnet ? Or  hdfs write & read
has to pass through internet ?

Regards
Navaz

--
*Abdul Navaz*
*Masters in Network Communications*

RE: In hadoop All racks belongs to same subnet !

Posted by German Florez-Larrahondo <ge...@samsung.com>.
If you want to learn more about the networking on small to mid-size production sites, I recommend you do a search for “Hadoop reference architectures”.

As an example, a good source of information is  here:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20353010.aspx

(I’m not sponsoring any specific distro or vendor, you can as well read more about HP’s Hortonworks reference architecture, Intel’s own Hadoop distro,  or MapR’s for example)

./g

 <ma...@uh.edu> fabdulnavaz@uh.edu

RE: In hadoop All racks belongs to same subnet !

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.

Posted by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com>.