Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/19 06:01:02 UTC

551 JIRA Tickets Over 2 Years Old

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-551?jql=project%20%3D%20ACCUMULO%20AND%20created%20%3C%3D%20-104w%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC

Is there a technique we can use to curate old tickets? Would anyone mind if
I review them and nominate tickets for closure? I can add a message and
delete any tickets that don't provoke a response. How useful are tickets
that are two years old?

Re: 551 JIRA Tickets Over 2 Years Old

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1 I thought "proposal" would be good enough to convey the message. "Wont
> fix" is confusing and I could see possible contributors being starred away
> by it.

What about with a final comment that says something like:

"Unfortunately, we don't have any spare cycles to handle an implementation
for this request. If anyone would like to take on championing this feature,
please reopen the ticket and ask to have it assigned to you."

Even then you think the won't fix label will scare them away? What about
closing them "incomplete"?

--
Sean

Re: 551 JIRA Tickets Over 2 Years Old

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.

--
// Bill Havanki
// 443.686.9283

Re: 551 JIRA Tickets Over 2 Years Old

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
Sean

Re: 551 JIRA Tickets Over 2 Years Old

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Perhaps (hence my caveat with regard to whether the fact of a ticket
being open is problematic). Since it's reversible, "Won't Fix" can
easily be interpreted as "Won't Fix at this time". It could always be
reopened, if we decide there's more value in not having open tickets.

To avoid possibly deterring volunteers, we could easily document why
we won't fix (eg. "Won't Fix, low priority, little interest; reopen if
interest resurges").

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Actually. Anything with out a fixVersion in 1.5+ should be flagged to make
sure it's still an issue.

--
Sean

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.