Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by james chen <ja...@yahoo.com.tw> on 2001/11/23 20:59:02 UTC

"user define-type not defined"

Hi all:

I am trying to deploy a VB SOAP client by following
the example that I found in
http://www.vbweb.co.uk/scripts/print.php?id=24

but calling the isPrimeNumber web service from
http://www.xmethods.com/detail.html?id=208 instead

when i ran the code I keep on getting the error
message saying "user define-type not defined" on the
following two lines.

 Dim objHTTP As New MSXML.XMLHTTPRequest
 Dim objReturn As New MSXML.DOMDocument

I have a feeling that SOAP module is some how not
added into my VB6.0, but I did ran VBRun60sp4.exe !?

Another two things I was also wondering are, does it
matter if I created the project as a standard exe
project ?? Secondly, do I need to specifically add the
SOAP module into the project?? if so, how ?

Could some one please help me with this one.

thanks so much
james c

< 每天都 Yahoo!奇摩 >  www.yahoo.com.tw

RE: "user define-type not defined"

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.
James,

You've sent this to the wrong group.

This group is for developers using Apache-SOAP, which is a Java
implementation not VB.

Even if the server side is implemented via Apache-SOAP, it sounds like
you're having a client-side issue, so you should direct your question to a
VB oriented support list.

Good luck.

-Chris

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.