Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Ralf Bierig <so...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/05 11:45:34 UTC

Realization of SOAP-Scopes in ApacheSOAP

How are SOAP Scopes ("Request", "Session",
"Application") realized in Apache SOAP? Can somebody
give my examples or just a good explanation?

Ralf

Re: Realization of SOAP-Scopes in ApacheSOAP

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
The scope determines when an instance of your Java class handling requests
gets created.  For request scope, a new instance is created for each
request.  For session scope, a single instance is created for each session
and used for all calls made from that session.  For application scope, a
single instance is created to handle all requests from all clients.  Besides
the differences in the overhead of creating the instances, there are
implications for threading and state.

Scott

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Ralf,

The semantics of the various scopes are described in the "Deployment
Descriptors" section in the User's Guide.

Thanks,
-Matt