Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Daryl Handley <da...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/25 17:59:46 UTC

Compilation on MingW

I'm trying to get Xerces built using Mingw. So far I have been making slow
but steady progress by modifying the Linux/Unix makefiles to compile for a
Win32 environmanet.

When trying to compile the NetAccessors module an error is generated because
some of the LPFN types are not defined (LPFN_GETHOSTBYNAME,  LPFN_INET_ADDR,
LPFN_GETHOSTBYADDR, ....). I grepped my MingW directory and the Xerces
directory too. When I did a search on the web for the types, I came up with
the following link.

http://developer.novell.com/ndk/doc/samplecode/ndpscomp_sample/gateway_inc/W
INSOCK2.H.html

This indicates that these types should probably be defined in my winsock2.h
header file that  came with Mingw (which they are not). Has anyone managed
to get Xerces running with Mingw ? Any other solutions to my problem ?
Should I Typedef these somewhere and if so where and what to ?

TIA, Later
Daryl