Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <su...@cisco.com> on 2007/02/14 20:26:38 UTC

active MQ (Inactivity exceptions)

Hello Active MQ Users ,
              I am getting the following  exceptions , when active MQ
channel is not used for a period of time.As a result of it , the socket
for connection is getting closed.

Feb 14, 2007 10:37:28 AM org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection
onAsyncException
WARNING: Async exception with no exception listener:
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException:
active for too long.
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was
inactive for too long.
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.readCheck(InactivityMoni
tor.java:101)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.access$000(InactivityMon
itor.java:35)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor$1.run(InactivityMonitor.
java:51)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter
.call(Executors.java:4
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Fu
tureTask.java:198)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecut
or$ScheduledFutureTask
heduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:189)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecut
or$ScheduledFutureTask
hreadPoolExecutor.java:213)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.runTask(ThreadPoolExe

        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.run(ThreadPoolExecuto
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Feb 14, 2007 10:37:33 AM org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection
onAsyncException
WARNING: Async exception with no exception listener:
java.net.SocketException: socket closed
java.net.SocketException: socket closed
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedInputStream.fill(TcpBuffere
dInputStream.java:48)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpBufferedInputStream.read(TcpBuffere
dInputStream.java:55)
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:353)
        at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.jav
a:274)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:142
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

The version of active MQ jars , which Iam using are :

*	activemq-core-4.0.1.jar
*	backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar
*	geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.0.jar
*	geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.0.jar
*	 incubator-activemq-4.0.2.jar

Please let me know, a work around for this .
thanks,
suchitha.

Re: active MQ (Inactivity exceptions)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
For a start I'd recommend upgrading to 4.1.0.

Also you can avoid socket failures with failover:...
http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-support-auto-reconnection.html

--

James
-------

Re: active MQ (Inactivity exceptions)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
You could just disable the inactivity timeout...

http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html

--

James
-------