Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Hauf <mi...@michaelhauf.com> on 2006/03/04 14:19:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Additional status codes

Hi,

our client wants to send certain data via http to our apache server (2.0.54-5).
We are supposed to store that data in a directory.

The client wants to get a http response with a status code. If everything worked
fine, we are supposed to send the status code 200 (OK). If an error occured, he
wants us to send a status code between 100 and 199.

The codes 100 and 101 are already assigned to CONTINUE (100) and Switching
Protocols (101). So we want to use status codes above 101 (i.e. 110). But, if we
send such codes back via a cgi script, the apache returns the status code 500
(Internal Server Error). I think, this code is sent back because apache doesn't
know the code 110 and every unknown code leads to an internal server error.

How is it possible to implement additional codes in apache? Can we do that with
changes in the configuration or do we have to write an apache module? Or what else?

Thanks in advance,

I hope someone can help!

Michael