Posted to user-zh@flink.apache.org by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/16 07:36:10 UTC

flink job exception analysis (netty related, readAddress failed. connection timed out)

Attachment is the exception stack from flink's web-ui. Does anyone
have also met this problem?

Flink1.12 - Flink1.13.1.  Standalone Cluster, include 30 containers,
each 28G mem.

Re: flink job exception analysis (netty related, readAddress failed. connection timed out)

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi, here is the text exception stack:

org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.netty.exception.LocalTransportException:
readAddress(..) failed: Connection timed out (connection to
'10.35.215.18/10.35.215.18:2045')
    at org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.netty.CreditBasedPartitionRequestClientHandler.exceptionCaught(CreditBasedPartitionRequestClientHandler.java:201)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeExceptionCaught(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:302)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeExceptionCaught(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:281)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireExceptionCaught(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:273)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.exceptionCaught(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1377)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeExceptionCaught(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:302)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeExceptionCaught(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:281)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireExceptionCaught(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:907)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel$EpollStreamUnsafe.handleReadException(AbstractEpollStreamChannel.java:728)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.epoll.AbstractEpollStreamChannel$EpollStreamUnsafe.epollInReady(AbstractEpollStreamChannel.java:818)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.processReady(EpollEventLoop.java:475)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop.run(EpollEventLoop.java:378)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:989)
    at org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.apache.flink.shaded.netty4.io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException:
readAddress(..) failed: Connection timed out

Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> 于2021年6月16日周三 下午4:26写道:

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Yidan,

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi Yidan,

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.
I also searched many result in internet. There are some related
exception like org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.netty.exception.RemoteTransportException,
but in my case it is
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.netty.exception.LocalTransportException.
It is different in 'LocalTransportException' or
'RemoteTransportException'.

yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com> 于2021年6月16日周三 下午7:10写道:

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I will try.

Yingjie Cao <ke...@gmail.com> 于2021年6月16日周三 下午8:00写道:

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I will try.

Posted by Yingjie Cao <ke...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you can try to

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yingjie Cao <ke...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you can try to

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: flink job exception analysis (netty related, readAddress failed. connection timed out)

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.
我仔细想了想,我的集群是内网服务器上的容器,容器之间访问应该不算经过NAT。

当然和网络相关的监控来看,的确很多机器的time-wait状态的连接不少,在5w+个左右,但也不至于导致这个问题感觉。

东东 <do...@163.com> 于2021年6月17日周四 下午2:48写道:

Posted by 东东 <do...@163.com>.

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.
这啥原理,这个改动我没办法直接改,需要申请。