Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Gregan, Miroslav" <mi...@siemens.com> on 2007/01/16 11:30:42 UTC

between multiple table problem with spacing

Hi all,
I use FOP 0.93 like a library under windows.
I have a spacing problem around text and tables, but only if the tables
around are filled.
Here are some examples (every time with the fo file):

*	dfg is the document filled, so with the spacing problem around
TableName1.
*	dfg2 is the document not filled, so with no spacing problem.
*	dfg3 is the document the same document like dfg but printed in
landscape, no spacing problem around TableName1, but around TableName4.

It must be a little error from me, but I have no idea.
Do someone have an idea why this happens?

Kind regards,

Miroslav Gregan

Re: between multiple table problem with spacing

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Gregan, Miroslav wrote:

> Hi all,
> I use FOP 0.93 like a library under windows.
> I have a spacing problem around text and tables, but only if the tables
> around are filled.
> Here are some examples (every time with the fo file):
>
>     * dfg is the document filled, so with the spacing problem around
>       TableName1.

The space-before and space-after is collapsed, which is supposed to
happen only at the start or end of a reference area. I don't think a
block in between 2 tables is the start of reference area!

>     * dfg2 is the document not filled, so with no spacing problem.

Strange that the content in the tables is affecting the conditional
spacing of an adjacent block. Can you raise a bug in bugzilla so this
issue is not forgotten? Don't forget to attach the samples!

>     * dfg3 is the document the same document like dfg but printed in
>       landscape, no spacing problem around TableName1, but around
>       TableName4.
>
> It must be a little error from me, but I have no idea.
> Do someone have an idea why this happens?

You can work around the problem using
space-before.conditionality="retain" and
space-after.conditionality="retain" I tested this on the dfg.fo sample
file and the space does get honoured with conditionality="retain"

<snip/>

Thanks,

Chris