Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> on 2006/02/22 07:25:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: PidFile tag in httpd.conf for Apache 2.2

Vengal, Thomas (OpenViewR&D) wrote:
> The line "PidFile  logs/httpd.pid" used to exist in all versions Apache
> HTTP Server prior to 2.2.0 version.
> Any specific reason as to why this was removed from httpd.conf for
> Apache 2.2.0 version? I could not get the details in the release
> documentation.

It was removed from the default configuration because as indicated in
the documentation[1], "logs/httpd.pid" is the default value for this
directive.

As a general rule, any directive that has a sensible default value, and
does not normally need to be changed by the end user, was removed from
the default configuration in 2.2.

You are still free to add it back to your configuration, if you wish.

[1] - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#pidfile