Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Vries, Michiel de" <Mi...@nl.compuware.com> on 2002/03/01 14:35:48 UTC

Xalan progress indication

Hi All,

I am using Xalan as a tool to migrate some XMI data from one format into
another. However, the datasets of that transformation might be very large.
Is there a way to give the user any feedback on the transformation?

I was thinking of using a SAX handler of my own, which calls the default SAX
implementation for all callbacks, but also prints some logging information.

Please share your thoughts with me.

Michiel.
---
Compuware OptimalJ - www.optimalj.com

Re: Xalan progress indication

Posted by Bruno Verachten <Br...@laposte.net>.
Vries, Michiel de wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I am using Xalan as a tool to migrate some XMI data from one format into
>another. However, the datasets of that transformation might be very large.
>Is there a way to give the user any feedback on the transformation?
>
>I was thinking of using a SAX handler of my own, which calls the default SAX
>implementation for all callbacks, but also prints some logging information.
>
>Please share your thoughts with me.
>
>Michiel.
>---
>Compuware OptimalJ - www.optimalj.com

Hi Michiel,

I'm using Xalan to generate Java Code (EJBs) from XMI, and sometimes the
input files
are really BIG (19Megs). I often use xsl:message to tell the final user
what I'm doing!

Later,

Bruno Verachten.