Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Travis Reeder <tr...@spaceprogram.com> on 2003/12/02 19:47:21 UTC

Re: Severe notification ...

This is in regards to this error message which kills tomcat:

SEVERE: All threads are busy, waiting. Please increase maxThreads or
check the servlet status75 75"

Erik: How do you know this is fixed in 4.1.29?

Also, would increasing maxProcesses help in the connector?

Travis

On Tuesday, November 4, 2003, at 02:45 PM, Erik Wright wrote:

Hi,

I have had this problem exactly, and have been told that it is a bug in
4.1.24 to 4.1.27 that has been fixed in 4.1.29. Essentially, when
working at or near the maximum connections (as defined in the Connector
config in server.xml) some threads get permanently deadlocked or
something. I didn't investigate much more than that.

I created my own workaround which is really a hack not worth sharing
here. Perhaps when I have time I will upgrade to 4.1.29 and see if that
fixes the problem.

If you do upgrade, please post your results to the list!

Erik

Mufaddal Khumri wrote:

    I have my webapp up and running and am stress testing it. After a
    while I get this:

    "Nov 4, 2003 1:50:12 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
    logFull
    SEVERE: All threads are busy, waiting. Please increase maxThreads or
    check the servlet status75 75"

    I have no idea why all threads would be busy and waiting.

    I could raise the value of maxThreads, but that would just delay the
    error from being reported. I need to get a dump of my tomcat threads
    and see where the bottleneck is. How do I do this ? Is there a
    facility in tomcat that would allow me to dump its threads and allow
    me to see where the threads are waiting and not moving on ? Is there
    a good utility i can use ?

    Thanks.