Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Glennos <gl...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/20 23:56:07 UTC

JAMES-3730: Upgraded from Legacy JavaMail to Jakarta Mail 2.0.1/Activation 2.0.1

Hi all,

I also contributed the following improvement;

JAMES-3730: Upgraded from Legacy JavaMail to Jakarta Mail 2.0.1/Activation
2.0.1
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-3730
  https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/923

This is a minor change that can be merged I suspect with fairly minimal
effort - most of the change is just a package rename (see the pull request
for more info). However I'm looking for assistance from one of the project
maintainers to help complete this pull request - thanks in advance!

Regards,

Glennos

Re: JAMES-3730: Upgraded from Legacy JavaMail to Jakarta Mail 2.0.1/Activation 2.0.1

Posted by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@linagora.com>.
Hello,

I just got the following answer from the ASF legal team:

 > Yes, EPL-2.0 is listed as Category B. Dependencies are fine, and you
can even include unmodified binaries in your binary releases if need be.

Thus we can move forward toward adopting jakarta.mail.

Regards,

Benoit

Posted by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@linagora.com>.