Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/06 08:36:22 UTC

Updating a single page on the site

At times we need to modify only single page on the site. And while
doing that many times we deploy the whole site. The effort can be
reduced slightly by using following approach

1. In oak-doc module make require changes in markdown files
2. Run `mvn site-deploy -Dscmpublish.skipCheckin=true`
3. Then go to oak-doc/target/scmpublish-checkout
4. and directly commit the changed html files via svn commit

This is also documented under oak-doc/README.md [1] and has proved to
be a faster approach for me compared to building and deploying the
whole site

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/tree/trunk/oak-doc