Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Julian Davchev <jm...@drun.net> on 2009/03/09 09:26:58 UTC

hi. allowLeadingWildcard is it possible or not yet?

Hi folks,
I am reading this issue and from what I see it's not possible yet to
search with first char wildcard.

Are there any workarounds or anyway at all I could allow such search. I
looked into whole 2008,2009 mail archive but couldn't find anything.

Thanks a lot,
JD

Re: hi. allowLeadingWildcard is it possible or not yet?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Subject: Re: hi. allowLeadingWildcard is it possible or not yet?
:
: i wonder the same thing... so wanna "re-animate" the topic
:
: is it possible?

Leading wildcard style queries can work, and can work very
efficiently, thanks to SOLR-1321.

The key is to use ReversedWildcardFilterFactory in your analyzer...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.ReversedWildcardFilterFactory

-Hoss

Re: hi. allowLeadingWildcard is it possible or not yet?

Posted by deniz <de...@gmail.com>.
i wonder the same thing... so wanna "re-animate" the topic

is it possible?

-----
Zeki ama calismiyor... Calissa yapar...