Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Theodore W. Leung" <tw...@sauria.com> on 2001/11/20 01:03:20 UTC

New website stylesheet alpha available

I've modified Berin's stylesheets to produce the Mono look that Max
produced.  I've checked them into xml-site under the monostyle
directory.

There are a few items that I could use help with.

1. I can't figure out how to get the style of the selected nav bar item
to be correct
2. If you click on guidelines you'll see that the table for the <notes>
stylebook element messes up the nav bar
3. I'm not sure how to grab xml.apache.org for use in the block top
title bar and the xml.apache.org > news indicator

Any HTML or Cocoon/stylebook gurus that can help are more than welcome.

Once we get these problems ironed out, I think that we can start to
switch over to the new look.  I'm not clear on which projects are using
stylebook to generate their docs.

xml-site has sources for crimson, fop, xang, xerces-j, xerces-c,
xerces-p, and security.

That leaves me unsure about.

Xalan-J
Xalan-C
Cocoon1
Cocoon2
SOAP
Batik
Axis

Projects without entries on the website include:
xml-rpc - Jason is working on this
xml-commons

Ted

Re: New website stylesheet alpha available

Posted by "Theodore W. Leung" <tw...@sauria.com>.
I tried the fixed up site on NS6 on Win and Mozilla 0.9.5 on Linux and
it looks okay there

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
The best cross platform font-sizes to use are 'em'. You will get the
most similar representation this way. for example:

p {font-size:1em}
p.littleBitSmaller {font-size:.9em}
p.halfSmaller {font-size:.5em}
p.double {font-size:2em}

best,
-Rob

On Tuesday, November 20, 2001, at 01:05 AM, Ludovic Maitre wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Have you tried the website under Netscape 4.7/Solaris ? the fonts of the
> leftside menu are very small. But it's more quick that the old website.
>
> Regards,
> Ludovic
>
> "Theodore W. Leung" wrote:
>>
>> Oh, and I forgot that a version of xml-site that was built using the
>> stylesheets is up at:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/~twl/new-site
>>
>> On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 16:03, Theodore W. Leung wrote:
>>> I've modified Berin's stylesheets to produce the Mono look that Max
>>> produced.  I've checked them into xml-site under the monostyle
>>> directory.
>>>
>>> There are a few items that I could use help with.
>>>
>>> 1. I can't figure out how to get the style of the selected nav bar
>>> item
>>> to be correct
>>> 2. If you click on guidelines you'll see that the table for the
>>> <notes>
>>> stylebook element messes up the nav bar
>>> 3. I'm not sure how to grab xml.apache.org for use in the block top
>>> title bar and the xml.apache.org > news indicator
>>>
>>> Any HTML or Cocoon/stylebook gurus that can help are more than
>>> welcome.
>>>
>>> Once we get these problems ironed out, I think that we can start to
>>> switch over to the new look.  I'm not clear on which projects are
>>> using
>>> stylebook to generate their docs.
>>>
>>> xml-site has sources for crimson, fop, xang, xerces-j, xerces-c,
>>> xerces-p, and security.
>>>
>>> That leaves me unsure about.
>>>
>>> Xalan-J
>>> Xalan-C