Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ray Clough <ra...@allthisisthat.com> on 2008/08/06 05:11:19 UTC

trinidad xhtml compliance

Am I correct that Trinidad does not output, and cannot be forced to output
valid xhtml?  I am using Trinidad 1.2.8 with Facelets.  Using the
tr:document tag with mode="strict" still only outputs HTML 4, with a strict
mode html 4 dtd.  The same is true trying trh:html.  The doctype is not
xhtml, and the meta and link tags are not closed.   There are probably other
deviations from xhtml, but these are the ones I've noticed first.

Thanks,
Ray Clough
ray@allthisisthat.com

Re: trinidad xhtml compliance

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Ray,

there is an issue for XHTML:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1152

Greetings,
Matthias

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 5:11 AM, Ray Clough <ra...@allthisisthat.com> wrote:

> Am I correct that Trinidad does not output, and cannot be forced to output
> valid xhtml?  I am using Trinidad 1.2.8 with Facelets.  Using the
> tr:document tag with mode="strict" still only outputs HTML 4, with a strict
> mode html 4 dtd.  The same is true trying trh:html.  The doctype is not
> xhtml, and the meta and link tags are not closed.   There are probably other
> deviations from xhtml, but these are the ones I've noticed first.
>
> Thanks,
> Ray Clough
> ray@allthisisthat.com

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: trinidad xhtml compliance

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
this a generic JSF problem

-M

Posted by Burghard Britzke <bu...@charmides.in-berlin.de>.
use

  <f:view contentType="text/xml">

to force xhtml content type, to be rendered.

but be aware of the issues matthias mentioned.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1152
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1139
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-818

you probably want to vote for it to get it done. perhaps you want to
fix it.

sincerely,
burghard.