Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Vicente Hidalgo <hi...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/16 13:15:14 UTC

Can't start wordCountTopology in local mode

Hi. I`m new in the storm world.
I`ve been 2 days trying to run the storm-starter project in intellij (following the guide in github https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/tree/master/examples/storm-starter )
When running any of the topologies i get an error:

Error:(21, 22) java: /Users/chente/Dropbox/PFC/incubator-storm-master/examples/storm-starter/src/jvm/storm/starter/TransactionalGlobalCount.java:21: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class LocalCluster
location: package backtype.storm

Why is this class missing? How can i fix it?

Thanks

--
Vicente Hidalgo

Re: Can't start wordCountTopology in local mode

Posted by 朱春来 <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Vicente Hidalgo
   You can package a jar with all dependices and run the jar with "java
-jar"(in this case, must set scope of storm-core is compile).

> Hi. I`m new in the storm world.
> I`ve been 2 days trying to run the storm-starter project in intellij
> (following the guide in github
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/tree/master/examples/storm-starter
>  )
> When running any of the topologies i get an error:
>
> Error:(21, 22) java:
> /Users/chente/Dropbox/PFC/incubator-storm-master/examples/storm-starter/src/jvm/storm/starter/TransactionalGlobalCount.java:21:
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : class LocalCluster
> location: package backtype.storm
>
> Why is this class missing? How can i fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Vicente Hidalgo

Chunlai

Re: Can't start wordCountTopology in local mode

Posted by Mark Farnan <de...@petrolink.com>.
Assuming you are using the code from the GIT repo, including the storm-starter.

The most likley reason IntelliJ can’t see it, is because storm-core is excluded in the POM.XML file from being included during build.    It isn’t even finding the classes.

Look in the POM.XML file,  find the part for storm-core, and comment out the part that says “Provided”

IntelliJ can then compile and run it correctly for local cluster.

Regards

Mark.

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mp...@umail.iu.edu>.

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mp...@umail.iu.edu>.