Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/09 15:09:15 UTC

T5: Class reloading not working

Hi!

1. I created a page and tested that it viewed nicely in my browser
2. I added a component via a private instance variable with type TextField
in my page class
3. I added a reference to that component in my .tml.
4. I get the following error in the browser, indicating that tapestry can't
see my class changes:

"Embedded component 'keyField' has no type. You should specify a type in the
component template, or define the component inside class
com.myapp.tapestry5.pages.admin.system.SettingsEdit using the @Component
annotation on a private instance variable."

I have never really seen the nice class loading effect displayed in the
screencasts, I have to restart tomcat after doing changes to the java
structure in my page classes.

I'm running T5.0.13 with tomcat 6 in debug mode in eclipse/myeclipse.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Regards
Inge

Re: T5: Class reloading not working

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:17:46 -0300, Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>
escreveu:

> sorry, dont mean "spread", mean "advantage"

Faster startup time
Faster (at least it is my impression, no tests made)
More modular
Can be used embedded in an application

Thiago

Re: T5: Class reloading not working

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Sven Homburg <ho...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
That's it then. All my page and component classes are under WEB-INF/classes.
So I need to either switch to Jetty or find a way to compile all my T5
classes to a jar file under WEB-INF/lib...

By the way, I did of course annotate the component field. This is not a
problem with syntax, I have a lot of fully working pages that don't support
live class reloading.

Thanks! :)

Inge

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.