Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by edward see <fo...@pldtdsl.net> on 2005/05/27 11:31:37 UTC

Reloadable Hangs

Dear all,

I have installed  Java is 1.4.1 & Tomcat 5.0.28 in Windows 2000 sp1 with
1GB Ram

Tomcat is running as a service.

Context Reloadable == true

When we compile  .java into .class, Tomcat will not serve page anymore.
We have to restart Tomcat inside Services or from the Monitor Tomcat menu.

We have no problen with lower versions of Tomcat.
What do i need to reconfigure?

Edward

Re: Reloadable Hangs

Posted by Ari Suutari <ar...@syncrontech.com>.
Hi,

> Context Reloadable == true
>
> When we compile  .java into .class, Tomcat will not serve page anymore.
> We have to restart Tomcat inside Services or from the Monitor Tomcat menu.

    We have seen same here. Tomcat >= 5.0.28 hangs, there seems to be a
    ThreadDeath exception sometimes when reload is going on. Environment
    is Windows XP and JDK 1.4.2.

> We have no problen with lower versions of Tomcat.

    I think that 5.0.25 used to work me.

        Aro S-