Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tomas Zeman <to...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/07 22:34:34 UTC

mod_perl 1.25 , perl 5.6.x , Redhat7.1 problem

Hi all,

I have tried Perl 5.6.0 and 5.6.1, mod_perl 1.24 and
1.25, apache 1.3.9 and 1.3.20, but I am not able to
make it work (on Redhat 7.1)

It worked OK with redhat 6.2 with perl 5.5

I compiled perl 5.6.1 and apache myself, mod_perl
compiles OK (as DSO), but when I try to run the
apache, it writes :

1 - if I use mod_perl 1.24 : undefined symbol
boot_apache_util cannot start

2 - if I use mod_perl 1.25 : cannot locate loadable
object for module Apache::Constants

Could you please help me, how to run mod_perl under
perl 5.6.x ?

thanks a lot
Tomas Zeman

Re: mod_perl 1.25 , perl 5.6.x , Redhat7.1 problem

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Tomas Zeman wrote:

> I have tried Perl 5.6.0 and 5.6.1, mod_perl 1.24 and
> 1.25, apache 1.3.9 and 1.3.20, but I am not able to
> make it work (on Redhat 7.1)
>
> It worked OK with redhat 6.2 with perl 5.5
>
> I compiled perl 5.6.1 and apache myself, mod_perl
> compiles OK (as DSO), but when I try to run the
> apache, it writes :

There were problems with the compiler shipped with a recent version of
RedHat, can't remeber if it was 7.0 or 7.1, but it's worth checking in
the mod_perl List archives where it has been mentioned.  Apart from
gcc I think there's no reason why you should not be able to get it
going on that platform.  Try to keep the configuration to as simple  a
minimum as you can, and I'd try static instead of DSO first.

Get back to us if you've already tried a different compiler.

73,
Ged.