Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Michael Ludwig <mi...@gmx.de> on 2011/01/04 14:09:59 UTC

Re: Xalan XSLT and SQL

Moin Loren,

Loren M. Lang schrieb am 08.12.2010 um 16:02 (-0800):
> I'm trying to use the SQL extension for Xalan to generate an XML
> document from a MySQL database.  I have the MySQL J/Connector in my
> class path, but I get an error with sql:new() trying to load the driver:
>
> $ java -classpath
> mysql-connector-java-5.1.13/mysql-connector-java-5.1.13-bin.jar -jar
> xalan-j_2_7_1/xalan.jar -xsl xalan-sql.xsl

You're using the -jar option, so your -classpath will be ignored.

> xalan-sql.xsl; Line #8; Column #129; java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> Invalid Driver Name Specified!

Quote from the doc page "java - the Java application launcher":

  -jar

  […] When you use this option, the JAR file is the source of all user
  classes, and other user class path settings are ignored.

http://localhost/javadoc/technotes/tools/windows/java.html

--
Michael Ludwig