Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/07 01:57:19 UTC

Updated instructions for updating the web site

I noticed that our web site doesn't have links for all the new
subprojects, so I was going to fix that ... only to find that I'm not
familiar with the latest and greatest procedures to do this.  Is it
still just an issue of building the struts-documentation webapp, and
then uploading the resulting war and expanding in place?

Craig

Re: Updated instructions for updating the web site

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/05, James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> wrote:
> Taking a closer look, and I see core/build-site.xml that says it will
> build the site.  Have you tried that?

That worked.  Thanks James!

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On 6/10/05, Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, I've commited my changes to the sources, run "ant -f
> build-site.xml", and tar'd up the contents of "target/documentation".
> Then I scp'd this to cvs.apache.org/www/struts.apache.org/ and
> expanded it, but I don't see the updated content through a browser
> talking to struts.apache.org.  What am I missing?

As I understand it, the sites are currently being served from Ajax,
which is rsync'd from Minotaur periodically. I believe the update
frequency is 2 hours, and the duration is about 45 minutes, so your
changes should show up in 3 hours or less.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.