Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Erron Austin <er...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/01 20:53:40 UTC

[Cocoon 2.1.x - Portal] Optimization

Hi,

We are using cocoon 2.1.9 portal to basically serve up regular sites.  So,
there are no individual customizations per site nor any other "portal"
functionality being used so far. In order to optimize performance, we would
like to bypass the "login" functionality of the website, and allow all
anonymous users to use the same layout.

Question #1 - Has this been done or planned for Cocoon Portal 2.2?
Question #2 - If not, any pointers on how to make this change?

Question #3 - Does this posting belong on the dev list?

Thanks,

Erron

Re: [Cocoon 2.1.x - Portal] Optimization

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Carsten,
>
> Will StaticProfileManager support multiple portal layouts?  I believe
> our current setup is using AuthenticationProfileManager where each site
> is a different role.
I assume you mean different portlets (or different structures) with
multiple layouts? Then the answer is no :)
The static profile manager is meant for portal like web sites where
everyone sees the same structure.

I started work in 2.2 for sharing the layout tree between users. As I
did this nearly one year ago...i'm not quiet sure how far the
implementation is, but I think there are only one or two minor things to
do (whatever they are...).

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [Cocoon 2.1.x - Portal] Optimization

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Carsten,

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--