Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Barrera, Maribel" <Ma...@travelport.com> on 2011/10/20 17:52:43 UTC

Tomcat 7

Hi,

We are currently using Tomcat 4 and would like to upgrade to Tomcat 6 or
7. We would like Tomcat to run as a service and when the service is
started, it should start a servlet. How do I do that ? Any help would be
highly appreciated. Thanks.

Maribel W. Barrera

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Tomcat 7

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 10/20/2011 11:52 AM, Barrera, Maribel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are currently using Tomcat 4 and would like to upgrade to Tomcat 6 or
> 7. We would like Tomcat to run as a service and when the service is
> started, it should start a servlet. How do I do that ? Any help would be
> highly appreciated. Thanks.

Check the installation documentation for how to install it as a service,
or it can be done at installation time using the install wizard.

Check the docs for the ContextInitialized() method for having things
execute at start up.