Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/30 08:10:03 UTC

Gradle Java EE Support

Dear all,

As I promised I made a PR with a my Gradle Support for Java EE projects:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1215

It is needed to be polished and tested, but the "happy paths" are
working. Like let's suppose you have a Glassfish installed, then it is
possible to create a Gradle project with a new project Wizard and that
could be compiled and deployed to the target application server. JSP and
JSF code completions are working as well.

I might added support for HTML5/JS parts, but I'm not sure how they
work, I guess all I did is to add some JS support service through the
module layers.

My latest real update on that is:
https://blog.lkishalmi.eu/2016/11/08/gradle-web-projects-are-coming/

Re: Gradle Java EE Support

Posted by Mike Ryan <mr...@cornell.edu>.
I have successfully imported my existing Java EE project that contain a
build.gradle file using this PR.

"Web Pages" contains all my web files as expected, and all the other
files are in their correct locations.

I can then run and deploy to Glassfish (4.1.1) with some caveats, but I
wouldn't think this would have anything to do with the plugin?

Basically, there's things in NB8.2 through NB10 that "just work", which
I have to do manually after using the "Run" command for the project:

* If Glassfish hasn't been started, the app will not get deployed. I
need to manually start the Glassfish server.

* After I've started the server and try to Run again, in the Glassfish
output screen, I see that the app is successfully deployed to Glassfish,
but my browser does not automatically open to the URL for the app.

* Instead, I need to go to the Glassfish Admin UI and "Launch" the app
manually, and then the app appears to work just fine.

Let me know if I'm missing something or maybe all this is just due to
instability with master at the moment?

Other than that, looks great!

Thanks,

Mike