Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2003/11/20 11:26:15 UTC

[ANN] Dashboard plugin 1.1 released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the Dashboard plugin 1.1 release!

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/dashboard

This plugin generates a dashboard HTML report containing information
gathered from other Maven reports (Checkstyle, Clover, JUnit, Simian,
etc). The dashboard aggregate this information for all subprojects,
presenting them in a single tabular format.

Changes over version 1.0:

o Ensure that the Clover plugin will generate the XML report (and only
  the XML report) when the Dashboard plugin is run. The Clover XML
  report is required by the Clover aggregators as they extract
  information from it.
o Do not exclude project.xml in the default  maven.dashboard.excludes
  list as it is already excluded by the default maven.dashboard.includes

  list.

Note that this plugin has been tested with Maven 1.0 rc2 from CVS HEAD.
Using it with another version of Maven is at your own risks! :-)

An example of the Dashboard plugin in action is available here:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/optional/dashboard-report.html

You can download the Dashboard plugin here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/maven/plugins/maven-dashboard-plugin-1.1.ja

Have fun!
-Vincent

RE: Dashboard question and junit aggregator

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi John,

Done. However it was more complex. Here's the commit message:

"
Added JUnit aggregators. Thanks to John D Taylor. John I had to change
several things from your patch:
  - remove tabs
  - added missind documentation (xdoc)
  - added missing tests
  - it was not working. More specifically it would not work if the
clover aggregators were used before the junit ones
  - the goal caused by the junit aggregators was not the correct one...
(you were calling "test" whereas it's the junit-report that must be
called)

  Please note that I had to modify both the Clover plugin and the
junit-report one. So if you wish to use the junit aggregators you need
to have the CVS versions of the these 2 plugins installed.
"

Glad you liked the dashboard plugin!

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

That would be a good extension. Please submit a patch if you wish.

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: New dashboard feature request (was RE: [ANN] Dashboard plugin 1.1 released)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 12:51, Michal Maczka wrote:
> Maybe this will help:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/Collection.html#isEmpty()

You need to use the special size() operator:

${size(notEmptyElems) == 0}

> Michal

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: New dashboard feature request (was RE: [ANN] Dashboard plugin 1.1 released)

Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@interia.pl>.
Maybe this will help:

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
dIon,

I've almost implemented it. If you can help me resolve the following
problem, it's done:

  <x:set var="notEmptyElems" select="aggregator[not(text() = '-')]"/>
  <j:if test="${notEmptyElems.size() == '0'}">

The call to notEmptyElems.size() is failing. Not sure why? Maybe because
it returns a number?

If I print the result of ${notEmptyElems.getClass().getName()} I get
java.util.ArrayList, so the size() method should exist.

Here's the stack trace I get:

org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: null:-1:-1: <null> Unable to
create expression: notEmptyElems.size() == '0'
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.jexl.JexlExpressionFactory.createExp
ression(JexlExpressionFactory.java:110)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.CompositeExpression.parse(CompositeE
xpression.java:128)

Any idea?

Thanks
-Vincent

AM:

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

[snip]

> > > I don't want to have to manually run the goals for all the
projects I
> > know
> > > have stats.
> >
> > What about excluding the projects that you wish to exclude? Or do
you
> > mean that you don't know in advance and want that automated? That's
easy
> > to do. However, I'm wondering the reason for that use case. I'm
worried
> > that if we remove these rows, people will start wondering why it is
not
> > run on other plugins (for the optional plugin page for ex). I think
> > having no information is also providing information: saying that
there
> > is no source code for example.
>
> Yep, it sure is, but I'd like an option to be able to ignore that.

Done.

-Vincent

RE: [ANN] Dashboard plugin 1.1 released

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.