Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ferran Urgell <fe...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/27 20:42:39 UTC

starting cocoon with windows 2000

Hello!

I'm new in the cocoon, and I'm using windows 2000, I would to install cocoon.

which is the best configuration ?

I would to try with JDK 4.0, Tomcat 4.0.6 and Cocoon 2.0.1. Is that ok for an easy installation ?

Thanks

Re: starting cocoon with windows 2000

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.
You should use 2.0.3 instead - it is the easiest version to install so
far. Personally, I'd go with JDK 1.3.1, however, 'cause you'll have to
recompile some jars for JDK 1.4.

Lajos

--
galatea.com
Cocoon training, consulting & support

Re: starting cocoon with windows 2000

Posted by Carlos Marcelo Santos <cs...@3pilares.com>.
I work with JDK 1.3.1, Tomcat 4.1.12 and Cocoon 2.0.1 without problems.

Carlos Marcelo Santos.

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Ferran Urgell wrote:
> I would to try with JDK 4.0, Tomcat 4.0.6 and Cocoon 2.0.1. Is that ok
> for an easy installation ?

There's no reason why you should not use the latest released versions:

JDK 1.4.1_01
Tomcat 4.1.12
Cocoon 2.0.3

However, if you're just experimenting and looking around, I see no
reason why you shouldn't try the CVS HEAD branch (2.1-dev) instead.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/