Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Drew Farris <dr...@apache.org> on 2010/07/08 14:57:47 UTC

Confluence question

Hi Infra,

I don't know too much about how Confluence works, but I'm seeing
something a little strange. There appear to be urls that point to
different versions of pages on the Mahout wiki, perhaps multiple
copies of the same page. Can anyone explain what's happening here?

For example: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Mahout+on+Amazon+EC2
and: https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/mahoutec2.html

The first url points to the authoritative copy, while the second
points to an older version that has all sorts of rendering issues. Is
there anything that can be done to eliminate (or redirect from) the
second url to the first? The second url tends to show up in google
search results.

I'm wondering if this could have someting to do with a recent site
redesign or move to tlp.

Thanks,

Drew Farris
Mahout PMC Member